lunes, 1 de febrero de 2010

Why was January so bad?

I guess it's harsh to call a "break-even" month BAD... but there's just no other way around it. Sure PokerStars is veritably INFESTED with good players, but there's also a LOT of Fish and dead money lying around, but the truth is, I put myself in marginal situations with mediocre hands.

Example 1

Early on in the 250k weekly donkament I had QJ offsuit in the BB, UTG raises 4BB... easy fold right? WRONG I call.. Flop is Q-2-3 rainbow... I check, he bets 1/2 Pot I raise he shoves... easy fold right?RIGHT? no call he off course has A-A

Another Issue, I'm not trusting my reads enough... this is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE in cash games, 2 or 3 laydowns I SHOULD HAVE MADE and the bottom line would now be at least 15-20$ on the Black. Ok that is not life changing money obviously, but when you think about it I am playing 5c-10c No Limit Hold em 20$ is 200BB!!!!!!! That my friends is freakishly reveling.

Anyway, I know this post is NOT funny at all, and it's not meant to be. Because the point of this blog is for me to read it in a few days and be reminded of what is going on.

Finally, the main reason why I didn't make money this month, it is so simple I'm embarrassed by it... Poker for dummies... I'm winning small pots and losing big ones... Period

I'd love to go on and on about why January was a -4$ month but fuck it I probably should work on making February a +100 month.

Step 1 - Play @ least 1 hour Every day 4 tables (haven't been playing enough)

Step 2 - Play more 90 mn & 45 mn Tourneys, I tend to do ok in them.

Step 3 - Fold more

Step 4 - Make next blog funnier... If you're not into poker this blog was painful 2 read...

I´m sorry

Tan

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario